Friday, October 22, 2010

Someone Once Asked Me

Someone Once Asked Me

Someone once asked me
and
I didn't lie,
"Why would you go there,
I don't understand why?"

It wasn't my choice
I wanted to say,
It was a force so powerful
I could not stray.

You see...
there's a little girl
who is way across the sea,
who needs to be held,
who needs a mommy like me.

She looked at me strange.
She didn't understand.
So I smiled and just said,
"This was his hand."

I don't know why
he chose this for me,
but I'm glad that he did.
It's his plan you see.

You see...
I need a daughter to fill a space
That's within my heart,
an empty space that will not part.

I think about her when I open my eyes,
as I go about my day
and when I lie to pray.

I pray she had a bedtime snack,
that someone tucked her in.
When she wakes scared at night,
that arms are there to hold her tight.

So...
to answer your question,
"My Daughter is There."

I don't expect you to understand.
You have to be chosen to get that part,
to feel that love within your heart.
How lucky and blessed
am I don't you see,
to have been that one.
He picked me!

So...
when you see me out and about,
just smile and remember this,
He placed a child within my heart.
He was the one right from the start.

He lead me to a foreign land.
He helped me take her by the hand.

Bonnie Brentnall
Dec 1, 2006
while awaiting provincial approval

5 comments:

  1. I love this beautiful poem!! Just a few more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie this poem is absolutly beautiful! I am so happy you are finally getting your dream.

    Rebecca Pennell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you,Dave and the boys.Jane has no idea of the amount of love that is on her way from Canada in just a few short days.Have a great trip. I can't wait to meet Jane.Safe travels my friend. Love Deana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie you are truly one in a million. I think this poem really sums it all up. Somebody is looking out for you and Jane will be looked after like no other. You are all blessed to be given each other for a family. I am delighted for you and can't wait to meet her. Thank you for sharing this poem and blog with us. Lots of love my friend. Juanita x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful Bonnie, I know she will be all you ever wanted, so happy for you guys that it is finally happening. Good Luck tomorrow with the flight.

    ReplyDelete