Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mommy and Daddy Time

It's nice to get away, whether it be a night in the city or a couple of nights off the island. For Dave and I, it is the cement that keeps us held tight and connected. We are busy. It occurred to me the other day that I don't kiss him when he comes home in the evening anymore. I am usually cutting up the meat or buttering the rolls. Children are hovering, waiting to be fed. He just washes his hands, rolls up his sleeves and digs in to help. Some days, I may not even be there, I may be running someone to volleyball, basketball, bowling, voice, etc. etc. Our time starts around 1030 pm when everyone is in bed. That is when we talk, have a glass of wine, make plans, connect. We both really love Fleetwood Mac and I especially love Rod Steward. We decided to go for 2 nights. That is all I could bear to leave Jane for. We went to the Heart and Soul tour and we had a blast. Thanks to Nanny and Poppy Brentnall for their excellent babysitting services and to the brothers who are always there and never refuse to help. Jane had no problems and we had a well deserved couple of days.

With dear friends Vera and Cathy.


United Church-St. Catherine's St-Montreal

Of course, I had to go to Chinatown!




OMG! Rod and Stevie



Heading home!

2 comments:

  1. We all definitely need some time away with our spouses, away from the kids, as much as we love them all. That last photo is great, love your haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that you two took in some togehter time. Montreal is the perfect place for that (also my favorite Canadian city!).

    I am wishing for some of my own but having a hard time "leaving" our little girl....o, but this makes me wishful!

    ReplyDelete