Saturday, March 26, 2011

Just the two of us!

The Brentnall household is a busy place. Most days I run out of hours. I have a big home and although I have help with the cleaning, there are always things that have to be done. Everyone has the same things, floors, bathrooms, laundry, errands, ect. I find it takes longer to get all that needs to be done in a day, now that "dewie" has joined our family. 

Jane is as busy as a bee and as bright as a button.


Our day together starts when daddy leaves for work and the boys leave for school. Typically, she waves and kisses everyone out the door and we head upstairs. Here, she decides her clothes and we begin to read. This is not my choice. The minute she reaches her room she goes to her bookshelf. Every morning, it is a battle to change and dress her first.
 She is very determined little girl. I think that will serve her well! After she is dressed and we have read, we go back downstairs to clean up the mess that breakfast has left. She loves to help throw things in the garbage and help with the dishwasher! Such a helper!!

With the help of toys, Dora and Kai Lan I can usually get through downstairs, then it is back upstairs or errands. Somedays, the beds and laundry just have to wait!

I am such a ham! It really takes mommy all day to get through this!

See!...she still isn't showered or dressed. That usually happens while I nap!

I don't really care if it all gets done. You have to seize every day. You can't let all that must be done get to the point of overwhelming you but you can let some things slide to allow youself to enjoy a moment Stop... do itsy bitsy spider, sit on the floor with the toys or read a book. Afterall, if someone comes to your door and you table isn't cleaned or there are toys on the floor or the worst thing of all, pee in the toilet!! Who really cares! I have little kids and I am going to feel their hugs, listen to their words, see them when I look at them and live in every moment. This is a daily challenge, as I do like a tidy clean house but I also want to enjoy my children.

3 comments:

  1. I love the last picture of you two! I am a little jealous however that I don't look that good when I haven't yet had a chance to shower that morning. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful post!...Lookin' great for a no shower day! My hair doesn't cooperate like that...ever! :)

    You are so right about seizing the moments and not worrying too much about the other stuff (like beds, floors and laundry)! I just looked back through our pictures and video's and looked at the amazing changes that have happened in 5 short months. It's going by so fast and I don't want to miss a minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I can relate! There is never enough time in the day to get it all done... but you are right... it doesn't really matter.

    ReplyDelete