Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Please let me keep my 2 little Front Teeth


Well, Jane is now running. She trips up in herself . Sunday afternoon at the cabin she tripped up in her feet. Her two front teeth came crashing onto the coffee table. OMG! I thought I was going to throw up. The crack was audible! There was so much blood! The former ER nurse in me kicked in. I flipped her over, had a look and took the two teeth and pushed them right back to where they should have been. OMG! That must have hurt so much! She was beside herself in pain. She was covered in blood. The boys were beside themselves. It took at long time to settle her. Here she is with Josh, who is trying to get her mind off the pain. She cried for about an hour ...me..not that long.


That night was a rough one. Her front tooth on the right was so loose I was afraid she may choke on it during the night as she sucks on her finger and that could knock it loose. Dave thought I was being paranoid.She spent the night with mommy and daddy.Jane was awake most of the night despite the pain meds. Poor baby. The next day I had her assessed at pediatric dentistry at the Janeway Childrens Hospital, she had seen this dentist before at her initial cleft lip and palate visit. He said "You did absolutely the right thing", meaning pushing the teeth back in place but went on to say that only time will tell if they stay. The front right...I hold little hope.

Bad Luck!

Feb 23 we were also in an automobile accident. I was stopped at a stop sign and was hit from behind. I had Josh, John and Jane with me. We got little damage but quite a jolt. Jane was up and down for the next two nights, Josh complains of his upper back, John complains of his back and I am a bit of a mess. I have a significant whiplash. I am going to massage and physio twice a week. Not nice but we are all alive. We could have been pushed out into four lanes of traffic!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Bonnie I am sooooo sad to hear this!!! Greatful that the accident was minimal but so glad all of the kids and you are going to be ok! Big hugs and prayers for Jane!!! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you lots of luck on St. Patrick's Day! The same thing happened to my niece when she was Jane's age. My sister did the same thing, and her teeth were ok. Hope that they remain in place. Poor thing. Gives me goosebumps just reading your post.

    You guys have been through a lot in the last little bit. Hope that everyone feels remarkably better soon and nothing but good luck from here on out!

    Sending love and hugs from Ontario!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am nauseous just thinking about the crack of her teeth on the table. She is so lucky to have you as her Mom...you knew what to do and acted fast! Hope those little teeth stay put. Poor little girl!

    You have been through a lot of tough stuff lately. I wish you a BIG measure of rest and hope you all recuperate well from that unfortunate accident. We are sending many prayers and lucky St. Paddy's day wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear about the car accident and hope you all feel better soon!

    Abby did the same thing with her teeth when she was little. They stayed in, but turned gray! It wasn't pretty until they finally fell out. You will have to let us know how it goes...

    ReplyDelete