Sunday, May 8, 2011

6 Months Ago Today

6 Months ago today....they brought you to me.
You were a tiny, beautiful,overdressed,scared little baby girl.

I took you in my arms and thought you may be interested in toys.

Maybe you are hungry.
You are very wet, you are sweating, you are silent.

You..
are curious, interested.


I ...
am complete.

Today...
I cried...
John said,"They are happy tears right mom?"
I said,"Yes John, They are definitely happy tears."
Jacob...held me and told me how much he loved me.
He didn't just give me a hug, he held me.
I cried more.

Josh...moved him aside, so he could hold me and tell me how much he loved me and thank me for being such a great mom.

Jack...ran to collect his book bag and presented me with a beautiful booklet he had made "Mother of the Year."

I am very lucky.
I am very blessed.
I am very happy.
I am very loved.

Today...
I cried...
because my family is complete. The piece of my heart that was numb...has feeling. The emptiness that lingered in my soul is overflowing with a sense of  peace and contentment that conquers all.
Today...
I have a ...


confident

unbelievably sweet 
determined

ridiculously loved

extremely happy
beautiful little girl
It was a very long.lonely road
but
I reached the end.
I hope the love of adoption has taught my boys to follow their dreams, to not give up on things when they are faced with times of frustration and hopelessness.
There is always hope!


"Every now and then, somewhere, some place, sometime;


You are going to have to plant your feet, stand firm

and make a point about who you are and what you believe in.

When that time comes, you simply have to do it."

-Lee Riley



I had a wonderful Mother's Day.
 I hope you did too
 I hope you took a moment and  held your babies, relaxed and enjoyed the moments.
Thank you Dave, I LOVE my new camera!!!

Happy Mother's Day.








5 comments:

  1. OMG!! of all the posts I have read on your blog this one is by far the most moving. Tears are falling on my keyboard. I love your pictures. You are a natural pro. Hope you were pampered this mothers day. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy six months! I often think back to our trip and it has so many amazing memories! A beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet post Bonnie! Love the boys new hair cuts!! Uht oh John? Where's yours? Can not believe how much Miss Jane has grown and changed in 6 short months! Amazing!! I think she has 4 times the hair of Miss Lexi too... whats up with that!! Much Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bought me to tears again! I love how your sweet boys reacted to the first moments with Jane!

    Happy six months with your beloved baby daughter! So many amazing moments and many yet to come!

    You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie that post was beautiful!!!! I too have tears streaming down my face..You have a beautiful family!!!

    ReplyDelete