Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just January

Five very long years waiting, hoping and dreaming about a little girl, a daughter. You cling to tangible things, you shop. A symbol in the Chinese adoption community is the ladybug. Families have taken the ladybug as their symbol of hope. Hope for a referral. Hope that they will get the daughter or son they have ached for and yearned for. Here is my little ladybug in her drawer. She is just as cute as a bug.

I search and looked and ordered the perfect bedding for my little princess,problem is she won't leave a blanket on her. In China, the children are swaddled and bundled in layers. This little girlie is not interested in that anymore.


Sometimes we drop in daddy's office if we are out and about.

Thanks Lexi! I love my new dress and hat!



My new favorite thing to do- on off- on off- on off or in this case in out- in out!!

2 comments:

  1. When we brought Lilah home, she wouldn't sleep with a blanket even touching her for about six months... good thing it was summer or she would have froze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Jane is doing so well!

    I didn't understand the "no blanket" was more universal...Sydney hates blankets too! Kicks them off at every opportunity. This may sound like a funny solution but she prefers to have a wash cloth laid on her chest instead of a nice warm blanket! It is winter here and very cold so I have resorted to dressing her in warm PJ's with extra socks and giving her a couple of wash clothes instead....just rolling with the punches!

    ReplyDelete