Monday, December 13, 2010

That's what Friends are For!!

Well, my friends Vera and Val strike again! Vera would not drop the baby shower idea. She was insistant despite having many things going on in her life right now as well. Both her parents are unwell and she has a lot on her plate. No shower was not an option. I would not even give her a list of people to invite. She figured it all out herself. Initially, I went myself ,as the princess was sleeping. Shortly after Dave walked in with Jane.
Here I am showing her off!

                                             Friend and amazing pastry chef Stacey Sheppard made this oh so pretty cake and all these cupcakes. Just delicious and stunning to look at!

A closer look.
Still tired Daddy!

The gang! Val next to me in blue and Vera behind her with black sweater and silver top.
This was the biggest surprise of all. In an earlier blog post, I had mentioned International China Concern. A Christian organization that has a program at Jane'sorphanage. Everyone had donated!  This was a wonderful idea.$300 was donated to Kayla's project in Hengyang. It made me cry. Now, that is thoughtful. People  are still giving me money! Thank you so much everyone!

                               Time to go home and go back to bed. Mommy wiping happy tears!

This little girl has touched more lives than ours. She has brought tears to many eyes with her beauty and sweet personality. She is loved by many.



2 comments:

  1. Where was our invite????

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice visiting with you and Jane today. She is a very blessed little girl. Ben also said it was cool spending time with John . I love your blog...Enjoy the rest of the Holidays. I'm sure your New Year will be very Happy :)

    ReplyDelete