Monday, February 28, 2011

A night at Nanny's house

I don't get to visit my mom enough. She is 80 years old, means the world to me but lives 2 1/2 hours away. That may not seem like much but with 5 kids that usually translates into 3 1/2 hours if you factor in pee stops, snack stop and then a throw up stop or two! Scheduling and just busy busy busy means I only see her about once every couple of months. We are all hoping she will soon spend more time with us. Maybe next winter hey mom!?!


She is a strong, independent unassuming lady who has survived breast cancer, losing two sons and  losing her husband, my wonderful father to cancer. My mom has welcomed Jane just as she has her other 14 grandchildren. I can't tell you what that means to me. She calls her her "little darling"  I love you mom.

Witness the love
 



1 comment: