Sunday, February 13, 2011

Traditional Dress and Pigtails

So I did a little shopping in China. Lots of beautiful little silk dresses and outfits. Some of them won't fit Jane for next years Chinese New Year celebrations, so I decided to do a photo shot with all these sweet traditional outfits. Paige thanks for the blind idea! My pictures don't hold a candle to yours or Mary's but hey I am trying!! I can't wait to get my new camera. I am still trying to decide between a Nikon or a Canon. In any case, these are still sweet pictures thanks to Jacobs awesome new camera.
Why oranges? Well, actually these are tangerines. They symbolize money and good luck or good health and long life depending on the website!
My God, I love this little girl so much!

 

I am a big book fan!


These are special little red envelopes. After we left Jane's orphanage, I  asked the driver to stop in the little village down the road. There were several tiny shops. Our guide and I went into a couple. I got red envelopes, a Chinese game, some Hunan tea and 2 pairs of shoes for Jane. Red envelopes  for good luck!
Do you notice anything about me lately? I am upright and unstoppable. I am into everything!








I have another new friend. We Did It Dora! Mary if Lexi doesn't already have this, get it for her. It is the best! Jane loves it! She mimics Dora's actions. Too cute!

Cutest pigtail shot.
So..this is all new for me. I think I did pretty good for my first attempt and unlike the hats, headbands and flowers, she was very agreeable!

5 comments:

  1. Really could she be any cuter!! I love this story but the pictures are amazing. She is precious and I can see just how much joy she has brought to you and your family. Can't wait to meet her and see you all again. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job with the pictures! I can't believe how fast Jane is growing. Happy CNY from the Drinkwater's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie the pictures are stunning! I thought for sure you were using your new camera a few posts back! Jane is walking!!! Yay! She has grown so fast in 3 months, love her chubby arms!! I think she is darling in piggy tails! Happy Valentines Day. Love Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pigtails! And good job with the photo shoot... either camera you want would do a great job. I don't know about you... but I sure miss the shopping in China!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane is so adorable! I love the pigtails too! (I have started putting "little piggies" in Su Yee's (Sydney's) hair as well!) Great pictures!

    I am interested in where you got the children's book on Chinese new year celebrations?

    Finally caught up on your other posts and see that Jane is walking. Jane's new found freedom will bring both of you so many new adventures! Best wishes and belated Happy CNY!

    ReplyDelete