Saturday, November 6, 2010

Beijing 1st Night


Beijing 1st Night
After we arrived in Beijing airport a guide from Family Outreach was there holding a flag identifying herself. There was 5 families arriving at the same time, that is including us. We got a shuttle to our luggage, while on the shuttle a couple was very amazed that we had 4 boys. The man seemed sad actually when I confirmed that we did indeed have 4 boys and was being consoled by his wife. I think he was in disbelief and I think he must really want a son. We had 12 checked bags and got them no problem.We all went through customs no problem and were put on a bus for a 45 minute drive to our hotel. I slept.


Just as Jack stepped out of the bus, one of the workers at the hotel noticed he was not wearing a jacket. It was not cold but he thought I should put a jacket on him. Apparently, Chinese people don`t like to see children under dressed. Jack wanted no part of a jacket. Jack seems to be a real attraction. Surprise surprise!! The other couples are laughing at his ways already.We are in 2 separate rooms, Dave is with Jacob and Jack and I am with Josh and John. We got settled in and headed out to Pizza Hut. The others went for Chinese, I figured we would get enough of that for the week so we opted for Pizza Hut which was right around the corner. I wanted to boys to have a decent meal, one they were sure to eat.

As we were leaving the hotel to go a taxi driver came up to Jack while we were waiting for Dave to come outside. He physically took him by the arm and started leading him to his cab. I just told him no no and we were fine. Jack, a little freaked out but not upset. He has already had a game of revolving door with the door man who was stopping him in there and then letting him out. People so far are very nice and very friendly. It feels very safe.

The air here has a smoky scent and look.You can see a file of dust on all the vehicles. I think they use coal for heating. It is very clean from what we have seen so far.






                                                            Dave in front of our hotel.
All my men standing by one of  Beijing's most common forms of transportation.





A Chinese man we saw on route to Pizza Hut.
                                                                    The boys.

John and I

No comments:

Post a Comment